Choose (one) of the following topics:
1. Advances in Health informatics and telemedicine are providing greater access to healthcare resources. Develop a position statement that addresses the role of the Registered Nurse in improving access to healthcare in rural and remote areas.
2. Nurses need to recognize and report resource risks that may compromise quality patient care. Develop a position statement to examine the role of the registered nurse in relation to appropriate use of healthcare resources.
3. “Reflective Practice plays an essential role in nursing practice”. Develop a position statement addressing the contribution of reflective practice in the healthcare setting.
– Essay format
-1500 words, 15 references in total
– Information contained in the statement should clearly demonstrate the perspective (assumptions), supported by current relevant evidence and reflect current policy and practice within Australian Nursing with clear reference and linkage to the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia Nursing Competencies for Registered Nurses…. (there is a large focus on this).
– Specific position should be clear and concise and taking into account the complexities of the issue. Limitations of position need to be acknowledged. Other points of view should be considered.
I have attached an example for a position statement to this order