Cultural Competence in Prevention Plans
Course Name and Number
Cultural competence is the ability to respect and effectively respond to individual health beliefs and practices while also embracing the patient population’s cultural and linguistic diversity. Cultural blindness is the inability to comprehend and apply cultural competence. Cultural blindness leads to incompetent healthcare systems, medical errors, and patient risks (Rangel & Valdez, 2017). So we must adapt cultural competence for high-quality care and abolish discriminatory healthcare systems.
Best nursing paper writers on hand to assist on Cultural Competence in Prevention Plans Essay Assignment
Ways to demonstrate cultural competencies in prevention plans
To demonstrate cultural competency in prevention plans, professionals must include three factors. First, adopt “people first.” This concept encourages professionals to view people as individuals and thus adopt preventive strategies free of biases and stereotypes. The “people first” philosophy promotes systemic interventions while promoting equity in preventative measures (Rangel & Valdez, 2017). In addition, training other professionals to look for specific conditions or traits in a target population, for example Obesity, asthma, and urinary tract infections (UTI) are common secondary symptoms in the LGBTQ and disabled communities (Rangel & Valdez, 2017). Third, include interventions that help priority population patients navigate the patient-provider relationship and the healthcare system. It includes strategies to overcome physical and other obstacles to quality healthcare. Using the three methods above can help preventive plans demonstrate cultural competence.
How Professionals cause harm with culturally insensitive preventive plans
Culturally insensitive plans impede effective preventive care delivery within healthcare systems. As a result of being culturally insensitive, the healthcare system’s prevention, care, and treatment programs are contradicted. when planners fail to incorporate cultural competence (Handtke et al., 2019). The plans have a high probability of causing harm. These insensitive plans do not engage the community as recruitment partners and do not make specific changes to prevention interventions. The professionals have a culturally insensitive plan once essential strategies are contradicted, as shown above. To avoid causing harm, preventive strategies must incorporate all components of cultural competence.
Handtke, O., Schilgen, B., & Mösko, M. (2019). Culturally competent healthcare – a scoping review of strategies implemented in healthcare organizations and a model of culturally competent healthcare provision. PLOS ONE, 14(7). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0219971
Rangel, D. E., & Valdez, C. R. (2017). A culturally sensitive approach to large-scale prevention studies: A case study of a randomized controlled trial with low-income Latino communities. The Journal of Primary Prevention, 38(6), 627–645. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10935-017-0487-2
After reviewing The Strategic Prevention Framework, analyze why cultural blindness is not helpful when creating a culturally competent strategic prevention framework (SPF). Describe 3 ways professionals can demonstrate cultural competence when developing prevention plans. How might professionals cause harm if their prevention plans are not culturally sensitive?
Do you need essay help? Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when professional nursing writers are here to help.
If you need help with your nursing paper, we are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers.
Best site that aces nursing papers online
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology, and more.
Your reliable nursing writing service online
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support,
Order now for an original nursing paper on Cultural Competence in Prevention Plans Essay Assignment Paper
- Methods A Nurse Can Use To Gather Cultural Information From Patient
- Cultural Considerations In Mental Health Nursing
- Assessing nursing competency
- Pharmacology and Cultural Competence
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days