GYN – Learning for Experience
Course Code and Name
Any nursing school graduate requires warm and firm guidance into the realities of the profession and how to manage their abilities. Such is the work of a nursing preceptor (Egilsdottir et al., 2019). The preceptor acts as a mentor who supports the system of young nurses by introducing them to protocols. As a young nurse professional, it is essential to improve skills and knowledge, especially on communicating back to my preceptor to get full support and avoid culture shock in the occupation.
Best nursing paper writers on hand to assist on GYN -Learning from Experiences Essay Assignment
Improving communication skills takes effort and practice. To begin with, the nurse has to develop listening skills. It entails remaining attentive and avoiding destruction. The nurse stays aware of all non-verbal cues while critically minding the preceptor’s perspective. On the same note, it is essential to mind the preceptor’s culture, literacy, opinions, and any other aspects while interacting with them.
In addition, the nurse can improve communication skills by asking questions for clarity, hence enhancing understanding. The point of clarity also assures the preceptor that the nurse is attentive. The young nurse may take appropriate notes to avoid miscommunication, especially when the preceptor talks. In writing important messages, the nurse must maintain good body language, which proves that they are mentally present (Egilsdottir et al., 2019). Such notes will help the nurse avoid miscommunication and reduce the chances of mistakes and going back to the preceptor for reminders.
The young nurse can ensure clarity by thinking about the main messages or questions and then writing a few sharp sentences to express concerns before meeting the preceptor. The sentences should remain specific and straightforward. They describe the curiosity and engagement of a nurse in the learning process. Preceptors also welcome feedback regarding the preceptorship process from students (Plathe et al., 2021). They ask the students how they are doing as preceptors, and the students elaborate on their needs and experiences and share their expectations. This process teaches students the value of constructive criticism and models good communication skills among learners.
Feedback significantly contributes to precepting, highlighting areas of strength and showing those that need improvement. It affords the trainee progress over time and provides a reference point to achieve specified goals. Performance evaluations are a form of feedback to the nurses’ performance in any clinical encounter. The type of feedback determines the approach to communication. An elaborative process of feedback invites the nurse to engage and reflect on the performance and style of skill required for effective service delivery (Plathe et al., 2021). It encourages growth and effective communication. Directive feedback sidelines the learner and fails to invite students for conversations that yield fruits.
Several factors might impact the feedback process, and the nurse needs to pay attention to them. Constructive feedback could be easily overlooked, especially when addressed in the wrong environment, like one that lacks privacy. Timing is also crucial as the feedback should be given, especially when the error has been committed to ensuring the preceptor and student recall specific details, reinforce good behavior, and avoid uncouth ones (Wilkinson et al., 2013). The positive feedback that is objective and encourages students to evaluate themselves ensures information gets passed effectively. They should also have a scheduled time to track student progress. Essentially, the whole process should be frequent and honest and emphasize the qualities that make the student the best nurse.
GYN -Learning from Experiences
Egilsdottir, H. Ö., Byermoen, K. R., Moen, A., & Eide, H. (2019). Revitalizing physical assessment in undergraduate nursing education-what skills are important to learn, and how are these skills applied during clinical rotation? A cohort study. BMC nursing, 18(1), 1-11. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s12912-019-0364-9
Plathe, H., Solheim, E., & Eide, H. (2021). Nursing Students’ and Preceptors’ Experiences with Using an Assessment Tool for Feedback and Reflection in Supervision of Clinical Skills: A Qualitative Pilot Study. Nursing research and practice, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.hindawi.com/journals/nrp/2021/5551662/
Wilkinson, S. T., Couldry, R., Phillips, H., & Buck, B. (2013). Preceptor development: Providing effective feedback. Hospital Pharmacy, 48(1), 26-32. https://doi.org/10.1310/hpj4801-26. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3839441/
Respond to the following reflective questions:
• How might I improve on my skills and knowledge, and how to communicate that back to my Preceptor?
• How am I doing? What is missing?
• What type of feedback am I receiving from my Preceptor?
Do you need essay help? Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when professional nursing writers are here to help.
If you need help with your nursing paper, we are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers.
Best site that aces nursing papers online
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology, and more.
Your reliable nursing writing service online
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support,
Order now for an original nursing paper on GYN -Learning from Experiences Essay Assignment Paper
- Training Healthcare Providers Communication Skills
- Acute Nursing-Communication Skills Activity
- Communication and interpersonal skills nursing practice
- Oral Communication Skills Presentation
- Communication Skills For Health And Human Services
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days