Health Promotion and Behavioral Change
Course Name and Number
Health Promotion and Behavioral Change
Health promotion is an essential aspect of healthcare. As primary care providers, nurses also have a role in patient education about health promotion to encourage behavioral changes. Statistics indicate that encouraging behavioral changes results in a healthier lifestyle and decreased hospital visits. For instance, cessation of smoking is associated with reduced risks of lung cancers and cardiovascular diseases. The Pender’s Health Promotion Model provides a better approach to how people view health by defining health as a positive dynamic and not the absence of disease (Heydari & Khorashadizadeh, 2016). It was developed to serve as a tool that the nurses can use to plan on various behavioral modification interventions necessary for disease prevention and health promotion by encouraging health-promoting behaviors. The model applies self-efficacy to ensure and promote compliance among the patients. They are counseled and advised on the various benefits of behavior changes such as smoking cessation and exercise. The model highlights how various behavioral changes can result in improved health and the prevention of many diseases, thus emphasizing the need to encourage its application in practice.
Various factors hinder one’s ability to learn various behavioral changes. The most critical is the person’s ability and readiness to learn and change. Patients who are ready to learn and change their behaviors will be more receptive to the advice given to them than those who are unwilling to learn. Therefore, the patient who receives such advice will benefit from the outcomes compared to those who are not ready to learn and change (Hepburn, 2016). The other barriers can be categorized into physical, mental, or environmental barriers, which influence the patient’s ability to learn as required. These barriers require adequate assessment and the development of crucial strategies in addressing them before learning. Learning without eradicating the barriers is likely to lead to the failure of such interventions in achieving their desired outcomes.
Best nursing paper writers on hand to assist on Health Promotion and Behavioral Change Essay Assignment
Hepburn, M. (2016). The relationships between health literacy, self-efficacy, and readiness for change to health promotion behaviors in urban Black women. Seton Hall University.
Heydari, A., & Khorashadizadeh, F. (2016). Pender’s health promotion model in medical research. Studies, 41, 59.
Describe a health promotion model used to initiate behavioral changes. How does this model help in teaching behavioral changes? What are some of the barriers that affect a patient’s ability to learn? How does a patient’s readiness to learn, or readiness to change, affect learning outcomes?
Do you need essay help? Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when professional nursing writers are here to help.
If you need help with your nursing paper, we are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers.
Best site that aces nursing papers online
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology, and more.
Your reliable nursing writing service online
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support,
Order now for an original nursing paper on Health Promotion and Behavioral Change Essay Assignment Paper
- The Nurse’s Role And Responsibility As Health Educator
- Concept of health behavior change in the field of nursing
- The Effect of Educational Program on Increasing Cervical
- Social Marketing in Public Health Promotion
- Health Promotion Model used to Initiate Behavioral Changes
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days