HOW MEDICATION WORKS AS TREATMENT
Medication-assisted-therapy (MAT), is one to examine when taking a look at how medicine works as a therapy.
SAMHSA (2019) is a non-profit organization that promotes mental health and well. It stipulates that the use of medicines in conjunction with counseling and behavioral treatments to manage drug use disorders and avoid opiate addiction is known as medication-assisted therapy (MAT).
Not only are medicines used in MAT authorized by the FDA, however there are also specific criteria for how MAT is used, particularly when it is part of an opioid therapy program.
Best nursing paper writers on hand to assist on HOW MEDICATION WORKS AS TREATMENT Essay Assignment
According to SAMHSA (2019), besides prescription medicine, individuals receiving treatment in an OTP must obtain healthcare counseling, occupational, educational, and other evaluation and treatment interventions. This is in effect to not just decrease illegal drug usage, but also to offer people with interventions aimed at enhancing their life quality when undergoing treatment.
ISSUES RELATED TO USING MEDICATION AS TREATMENT IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Medication may be a beneficial therapeutic option in the criminal justice system. The aim is to not only prevent drug addiction, but also to improve how people perform on a daily basis. When handled correctly, mental health and substance abuse support may be effective. Regression is extremely probable if continuous support is not provided.
While attempts to reform the criminal justice system have been undertaken, services like MAT remain underused.
False beliefs regarding the roles of MAT medicines and their adverse effects remain in the area of criminal justice, resulting to underuse of this evidence-based therapy. Many people have misconceptions about MAT, with erroneous claims that it covers up or replaces substance use, instead of viewing it as a resource that may help people recover and rehabilitate so they can fulfill their lives to their full capacity.
In the criminal justice system, medication compliance entails not just reviewing existing rules, but also proposing modifications to regulations in order to promote the concept of medication as part of therapy. According to SAMHSA (2019), focusing on rehabilitation as a result of a jail-based approach is a departure from conventional methods and will need custodial personnel adopting non-punitive reactions to treatment non-compliance. When considering the use of medication as part of therapy, it is critical that preparations be made to provide continuous support for medication programs, such that medication as therapy is not disrupted. Regulations must mirror this support, such that continuing services linked to the use of medicine as a therapy complement the system set up that the criminal justice system and uses as its basis of management for individuals who come into touch with the law and need such necessities.
SAMHSA. (2019). MEDICATION-ASSISTED TREATMENT (MAT) IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: BRIEF GUIDANCE TO THE STATES. Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/pep19- matbriefcjs.pdf
SAMHSA. (2019). Medication and Counseling Treatment. Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted- treatment/treatment
Create an educational brochure to be displayed at a correctional institution’s library to help educate inmates or offenders on the importance of medication compliance when used as treatment.
Describe the issues related to using medication as treatment in the criminal justice system.
Explain how medication works as treatment.
Describe the issues related to medication compliance in the criminal justice system.
Include a minimum of two sources.
Format any citations in your brochure consistent with APA guidelines.
Do you need essay help? Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when professional nursing writers are here to help.
If you need help with your nursing paper, we are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers.
Best site that aces nursing papers online
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology, and more.
Your reliable nursing writing service online
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support,
Order now for an original nursing paper on HOW MEDICATION WORKS AS TREATMENT Essay Assignment Paper
- herbal medications and dietary supplements
- Assessing And Treating Clients With Anxiety Disorders
- Psychologists and medication (consultation and prescription)
- importance of keeping an accurate record of the medications
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days