Relationship Between Mental Health and Religion
Religion influences and impacts on mental health as it instills beliefs and a way of thinking in a people (Oman & Lukoff, 2018). It forms an important aspect in the quest to examine mental illness, hence, should be considered a critical factor in understanding mental health. Spirituality, which is driven by one’s aim to indulge into a religious belief, affects mental health by impacting the way one socializes with others in the society. Religion encourages the adoption of customs and beliefs of a given society. Through the teachings, beliefs, rituals and customs, one’s ability to handle and tolerate stress is improved through the connections built with other individuals of a religious group or congregation (Oman & Lukoff, 2018). The group provides a feeling of togetherness and a sense of belonging for an individual, thus, helping one cope better with challenges that expose one to stress and mental illness. This individual was in a state of mental anguish and the stress needed psychiatric help to manage it and not prayer. If they had been part of a religious group for a relatively long time, they would have received help from the group in dealing with their mental issues.
Best nursing paper writers on hand to assist on Relationship Between Mental Health and Religion Essay Assignment
Identifying and studying the behaviors and experiences of individuals which go against the socially accepted norms translates to psychopathology (Moleiro, 2018). The majority of the symptoms highlighted in the text shows an individual with extreme mental stress fueled by his beliefs. The individual is going through a psychological disorder where his pattern of thought is irregular and notably follows a dysfunctional pattern. According to Krueger et al (2018), the psychological issues are classified into: Deviance, Distress, Dysfunction and Danger. He is likely to be suffering from Schizophrenia; a psychiatric interview should be conducted to ensure he is properly diagnosed and treated.
Krueger, R. F., Kotov, R., Watson, D., Forbes, M. K., Eaton, N. R., Ruggero, C. J., … & Zimmermann, J. (2018). Progress in achieving quantitative classification of psychopathology. World Psychiatry, 17(3), 282-293.
Moleiro, C. (2018). Culture and psychopathology: New perspectives on research, practice, and clinical training in a globalized world. Frontiers in psychiatry, 366.
. Mental health, religion, and spirituality. Why religion and spirituality matter for public health, 225-243.
A 44-year-old white Australian man who was not religious was referred to outpatient psychiatric treatment. He had been playing with an Ouija board for two months when he started to believe that a spirit had entered his body through his rectum and was controlling him. He thought the spirit made him move and speak in a certain way.
He sought help from a local church, where he was told it was a psychiatric problem and that he was not really possessed. Two exorcisms at a local church failed to achieve any improvement.
Remember to answer these questions from your textbooks and US clinical guidelines. At all times, explain your answers.
1). Discuss the relationship between mental illness and religion.
2). Is this classified as psychopathology? Support your response with current clinical evidence.
Do you need essay help? Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when professional nursing writers are here to help.
If you need help with your nursing paper, we are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers.
Best site that aces nursing papers online
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology, and more.
Your reliable nursing writing service online
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support,
Order now for an original nursing paper on Relationship Between Mental Health and Religion Essay Assignment Paper
- Religion and Public Health
- The Christian concept of imago dei Comment
- Why does image of God in Christian nursing matter
- Addressing Spirituality in Healthcare
- intertwining institutions of religion and health care
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days