Order now for an original paper on Social Psychology Article Summary Essay Assignment Paper
Social Psychology Article Summary Essay Assignment Paper
• Choose & Summarize an article from those provided (350-500 words)
• Identify a gap in the literature and propose a study to plug that gap
• Detail about the proposed study
• Why should I fund your study? (max 50 words)
• 350-500 words for article summary + 50 words for last part. Remaining 1000-1500 words split across the other sections as you need to.
• Cakal, H., Hewstone, M., Schwär, G., & Heath, A. (2011). An investigation of the social identity model of collective action and the ‘sedative’ effect of intergroup contact among black and white students in South Africa. British Journal of Social Psychology, 50(4), 606-627. doi: 10.1111/j.2044-8309.2011.02075.
• Castelli, L., Carraro, L., Pavan, G., Murrell, E., & Carraro, A. (2012). Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42, 1376-1393. Doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2012.00903.x
• Das, E., Bushman, B. J., Bezemer, M. D., Kerkhof, P., & Vermeulen, I. E. (2009). How terrorism news reports increase prejudice against outgroups: A terror management account. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 45(3), 453-459. doi: 10.1016/j.jesp.2008.12.001
• Domahidi, E., Festl, R., & Quandt, T. (2014). To dwell among gamers: Investigating the relationship between social online game use and gaming-related friendships. Computers in Human Behaviour, 35, 107-115. Doi:10.1016/j.chb.2014.02.023
• De Dreu, Carsten K. W., & Beersma, B. (2010). Team confidence, motivated information processing, and dynamic group decision making. European Journal of Social Psychology, 40(7), 1110-1119. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.763
• Falomir-Pichastor, J.M., Mugny, G., Berent, J., Pereira, A., & Krasteva, D. (2013). Anti-smoking norm and smokers’ anti-smoking attitudes: The interplay between personal and group based self-esteem. European Journal of Social Psychology, 43, 3, 192-200. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.1935
• Fornara, F., Carrus, G., Passafaro, P., & Bonnes, M. (2011). Distinguishing the sources of normative influence on proenvironmental behaviors: The role of local norms in household waste recycling. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, 14(5), 623-635. doi: 10.1177/1368430211408149
• Furley, P., Dicks, M., Stendtke, F., & Memmert, D. (2012). “Get it out the way. the wait’s killing me.” hastening and hiding during soccer penalty kicks. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 13(4), 454-465. doi: 10.1016/j.psychsport.2012.01.009
• Screeners, D., Ellemers, N., & Sintemaartensdijk, N. (2009). Suffering from the possibility of status loss: Physiological responses to social identity threat in high status groups. European Journal of Social Psychology, 39, 1075-1092. Doi: 10.1002/ejsp.609
• Wirtz, C., & Doosje, B. (2013). Reactions to threatening critical messages from minority group members with shared or distinct group identities. European Journal of Social Psychology, 43, 1, 50-61. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.1910
Selecting your article
• All articles are empirical (i.e. they report some research), BUT some are qualitative and quantitative:
Pick on topic area and theoretical perspective NOT method. You can always propose a different method of addressing the question – but you need to understand the broad topic in order to do this.
• Decide on topic area of interest:
-If it jumps out at you – do that one
-If it doesn’t, then create a shortlist of 3 and read all 3 carefully before you decide which to do
Summarizing your article
• What are the main aims/take home messages of the article?
• What main theories/approaches are used to justify the research questions/hypotheses?
• Pay attention to the method – who? what? how? how effective?
• What are the key findings and how are these explained?
• Alternative explanations/evaluative points – these can help you to identify the “gap” in the market
• You have 350-500 words here
Identifying your gap
Identify a “gap in the literature” which you would plug with a study. This can be a small gap (e.g. if the study has been done on university students you might decide to replicate it on a general population sample) or it could be a bigger gap (e.g. if a study has tested explicit attitudes using self-report measures, you might think of testing implicit attitudes and using an IAT and some physiological measures). Whatever the gap is you need to explain why you think it’s important or relevant. You might need to read around the topic for that to get more information. Remember to cite and reference appropriately..
• Future directions
• Weaknesses of the existing research
Which of these is:
• The most important/vital?
• The most interesting?
Why? What other literature can you bring in to support the importance of addressing THAT weakness/ future direction?
Make sure your gap is – feasible for a single study, has a clear research question/hypothesis, is grounded in literature.
Writing your proposal
• Generate a research aim and a hypothesis or research question; remember to make sure this is linked to your gap in the literature, is clearly written and is tested by your study.
• Write a research proposal to explain how you would address your hypothesis or research question:
o What would your independent and dependent variables be? What sort of design is it? If it’s correlational – you won’t have independent or dependent variables but you’ll still have variables…if it’s qualitative you probably won’t have variables but you might have some form of comparison…so what is that.
o What sort of sample would you use, how would you recruit them and what practical difficulties might there be?
o What measures/apparatus are you going to use and why have you selected those? If you’re planning an interview, what sort of questions will you ask and why?
o Give an outline of the procedure (imagine I am a research participant – what will I have to do)?
• When you write a research report…you write a method section
? Treat your proposal like a method section…just for a study you haven’t done yet!
• Give the kind of detail that would enable me to conduct the study as you want it to happen
? Make sure you clearly show how your method will address your research question/hypothesis
What ethical issues have you identified and how will you address them?
• Social psychology = applied/real world
• Social psychology = associated with phenomena that are “emotional” or “challenging” or “sensitive”
• SO – consider the BPS Ethical Guidelines (available from the BPS site) and show how your study will address all of the areas
• (RISK, CONSENT, CONFIDENTIALITY, VULNERABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS, DECEPTION, DEBRIEFING, GIVING ADVISE.)
Why should I fund your project
Imagine that I’ve got a huge pot of money and I’m looking to fund some research. Summarize in less than 50 words why I should fund YOUR project.
• YOUR opportunity to hit the key selling points of the project
• Impact can be “research” or “applied” or both
• Study needs to be feasible, ethical and well designed to stand a chance of being funded!
• MAX 50 words for here.
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when Best Nursing Papers writers got you covered. Our Best Nursing Papers writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional nursing writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing papers and the best place to get nursing papers done.
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Let our professional nursing essay writers be there for you. Our Best Nursing Papers writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Order now for an original paper on Social Psychology Article Summary Essay Assignment Paper
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days